The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered Celestial Pearl Danios from the LFS, this is what I got instead! At first glance they appear to be juvenile Emerald Dwarf Rasboras, but I don't know what those even look like so it's hard to speculate. They are pretty good size, almost an inch long. Note the dark stripes are pretty sharp and defined, and the black spot near the caudal fin. Their favorite past times seem to be swimming around casually and picking at plants and substrate, and then chasing off others of their kind that come by at high speeds. I'm not sure if it's a friendly chase or territorial, though they seem small to be territorial?

I called the fish store about two hours after putting them in the quarantine tank, once their black stripes started becoming much more apparent. They were entirely pale like the rest of their bodies when I picked them up. I hope you guys say that this is actually what baby CPD's look like....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ordered Celestial Pearl Danios from the LFS, this is what I got instead! At first glance they appear to be juvenile Emerald Dwarf Rasboras, but I don't know what those even look like so it's hard to speculate. They are pretty good size, almost an inch long. Note the dark stripes are pretty sharp and defined, and the black spot near the caudal fin. Their favorite past times seem to be swimming around casually and picking at plants and substrate, and then chasing off others of their kind that come by at high speeds. I'm not sure if it's a friendly chase or territorial, though they seem small to be territorial?

I called the fish store about two hours after putting them in the quarantine tank, once their black stripes started becoming much more apparent. They were entirely pale like the rest of their bodies when I picked them up. I hope you guys say that this is actually what baby CPD's look like....
Doesn't look like cpd's, maybe dwarf emerald rasbora. They look quite similar aside from they're markings.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have CPD. They are definitely not CPD... I did quick search. They look like African Banded Barb?

Some of the googled African Banded Barb photos match what we got EXACTLY, I think they just may be young/not colored for breeding.
And that makes sense too reading about how the African Banded's set up their own little territories, judging by their behavior.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies everyone. After looking into your suggestions I am pretty convinced that the fish are in-fact African Banded Barbs. Both their appearance and behaviour seem to match that of the African Banded Barb.

For the sake of education, does anyone happen to have photos of juvenile CPDs?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone. After looking into your suggestions I am pretty convinced that the fish are in-fact African Banded Barbs. Both their appearance and behaviour seem to match that of the African Banded Barb.

For the sake of education, does anyone happen to have photos of juvenile CPDs?
Although I don't have any pictures, mine looked like the paler ones in this video when I got them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts