The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a small planted tank (18"x5.5"x7.1") that houses four apple snails. I would like to add either dwarf frog or small group of tiny fish. I do have a light but no heater. I will purchase appropriate filter for tank size.
Any suggestions about whether its ok to move forward and if so, what fish would you recommend aside from Betta?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I currently have a small planted tank (18"x5.5"x7.1") that houses four apple snails. I would like to add either dwarf frog or small group of tiny fish. I do have a light but no heater. I will purchase appropriate filter for tank size.

Any suggestions about whether its ok to move forward and if so, what fish would you recommend aside from Betta?

I've endlers in my nano tanks. They're colorful fish. But I've heater. You can pick up a cheap heater for $6 or so from Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
How cold/hot does it get where you are? most fish need a stable temperature around 70-80 degrees. you may be able to get away with 65-85 but small tanks don't take temperature changes well. Try some livebearers but really a cheap heater opens up your options a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts