The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on cragies list their was a 30 gal tank, it came with (inside and siliconed in place) a 3d mount with tunnles and areas to put land plants. your saposto only fill the tank a little. not all the way. and theirs a small sticker that says

River Tank Sytems
Finn Strong Designs, inc
po box 445
exeter, ri , 02822
us patent no. 5083538

my problem is....i cant find info on the tank at ALL. i googled and read and looked and read and looked. AND FOUND NOTHING OF RELIVENCE! ARGGG its driving me crazy. i want to know if i had purchased it new, what would have come with it, and the instructions on how to set it up. im thinking of taking the 3d background out and resiliconing it all, so i can clean it, its in ruff shape. the former ower has no clues. Any information or if youve seen this working. google has not helped. i did find many teachers use this type of river tank in their class room. but they give no mauals or what i need.
please help a sad person.
laura

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive found these sites. but im looking for info back from 1994. a manual, personal thuoghts, on spasificley "river tank systems" by "Finn Strong designs"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you look at the last link? This guy has set up one of these things. Have you emailed him?

Did you check out the links he has? These three:

# River Tank Ecosystem

* Part I: Setting Up
* Part II: Reptiles, Amphibians & Plants
* Part III: Maintenance

Are dead but you can access them with the wayback machine. Those pages have a phone number for Finn Strong. Have you called?

Have you asked the companies that sell these to sell you a manual?

It seems that there's a ton of info available to you. What else are you looking for?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aw poodles. im sorry all 3 of the sites are great, ive studyed them and looked for info on how it works, ive learned a little.
ive heard this Finn strong guy sold his ideas to perfecto, but i think i know he dosnt do tanks anymore. but where did u see a phone #? and whats a way back machine? and i emailed the carolina women yes. no replys thuogh.
how might i get a manual?

·
Registered
1 Posts
river tank

Hi- Are you still looking for info on the river tank? I know a LOT about them, Finn is a friend of mine. Email me at [email protected] and I will send you my phone number and talk you through whatever you want to know.

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
Hi- Are you still looking for info on the river tank? I know a LOT about them, Finn is a friend of mine. Email me at [email protected] and I will send you my phone number and talk you through whatever you want to know.
Considering this thread was started more than 9 years ago, the original poster may no longer be looking for that information! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts