The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Found the right pieces.... see my new post below.

I'm really enjoying my Leland nano regulator built by Rex Grigg, but unfortunately, the 88g cartridges run out in 2 weeks. I'm looking for an adapter so I can use the refillable 20oz paintball cylinders.

I've contacted Leland Ltd. and they don't have any adapters available.

I'm looking for an adapter as pictured below:

The only thing I found close to it, was this (and I bought it):

But the male threads are 1/8NPT, and I can't seem to find a 1/8NPT -> 3/8-18UNF adapter anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can find an appropriate adapter?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
myself I am goign to be using a PB remote line with on/off valve. Then from that I will be up adapting it up to fit the inside of a o2 regulator. I have had some success finding the fittings at Ace hardware.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm looking for the 567g adapter pictured in the photo:

female ASA 0.825-14 (20 oz paintball)
to
male 3/8-18UNF (to fit Leland regulator, same as 88g paintball cartridge)

Alternatively, since I already have the fitting in the second picture, I could use a

male or female 1/8NPT (since the nipple is removable on my fitting)
to
male 3/8-18UNF (to fit Leland regulator, same as 88g paintball cartridge)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ah so you just need the little brass fitting at the end of the adapter? Just hit up Ace hardware.
Is there something in that opens the tank up? Rather how do you regulate when you want it to start releasing gas? and where did you get that little peice?

This is the part I'm getting ahold of.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think I misread the post, I used a collection of gas fittings to get from the 1/8th out of the paintball fitting to the 5/8 (I believe) regulator fitting. Its not pretty but it works and all the parts are available almost anywhere...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ah, good idea original kuhli.... I've been looking unsucessfully for adapters that go directly from 1/8 to 3/8, but maybe it can be done in a few steps... like 1/8 -> 1/4 -> 1/2 -> 3/8 or something.

The thing is the 1/8 threads are tapered (NPT), and the 3/8 are uniform (UNF)... I'll take a trip to the hardware store and see what I can find though.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think I remember reading that the ADA regulators are only compatible with ADA CO2 cartridges (meaning the ADA CO2 cartridges aren't standard 3/8" threads). Can someone confirm this?

If the threads truly are unique, maybe you could dremel the end off of a used ADA cartridge and weld it to a fitting?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, this is from AquariumDesignGroup.com:

* Speed Controller with fine fow adjustment, equipped with flow control stopper.
* Fine Filter to keep dust out of the regulator unit.
* Floating needle to avoid resistance at the cartridge connection and potential CO2 gas leak.
* Internal seal, designed to withstand a minimum of 1000 exchanges.
* Connection thread pitch fits only ADA CO2 System 74 small cartridge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.