The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi friends i live in pakistan, karachi... so i have been trying to make some Diy root tabs for my aquarium plants (dwarf sag, amazon sword,hygrophilia polysperma,jungle val) but the problem is i cant find any gel cap in here a guy told me a place where i might get some but thats very veeery far from where i live but i can buy empty vegetable 00 size caps at the next corner of my house they come in yellow with red color so can i use these instead of gel caps??
also since theres no osmocote product here i bought those tiny granule from a local gardner they looks just like osmocote but theres no nutirion fact with it please reply as soon as possible cuz i m going to buy them tomorrow or i will have to go next week! thnx in advance i love this community of very talented n creative people!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I'm assuming if the vegetable caps are suitable for human consumption then they should be fine as root tabs.

The ferts from your local gardener are probably safe, just try a small amount at first and slowly work to more.

I use common fertilizers in my home made tabs without issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts