The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Hi guys I really wanted your opinions on what carpeting plant I should use for the region shown in the 3rd and 4th picture. the tank is a 10 gallon, high light (two 23 watt cfl's), diy co2, and eco-complete substrate. :help::help::help:

http://imgur.com/a/cSL75
The options avaiable for me are glossostigma, dwarf baby tears, dwarf hairgrass, staurogyne, riccia, pygmy chain sword, and microsword.

Staurogyne has been pretty forgiving for me and I love the look although I think a smaller leaf plant like HC would look good with the larger leaf surroundings. I have an ongoing love and hate relationship with HC though.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Thanks for your input! Why is that you have a love and hate relationship for it? hard to grow or simply the aesthetic aspect of it?
It grows, but its slow, and it needs steady Co2 or BBA could begin to form. My co2 went out of commission for a few days while I was busy with school and it took me over a week to get a grasp of the resulting BBA without blacking out the tank. Almost every plant I have tried has been easy in comparison. May just be my experience though or lack thereof.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.