The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently split 5 lines of CO2 using a cheap aquatek manifold and it seems that it is leaking. I'm not going to even bother finding out where the leak is and tired of it and I need to find the right direction in building a CO2 manifold that has some affordable needle valves (Fabco NV55-18 maybe?).

I'm hoping that someone has done something similar and could at least point out the parts needed to build one and maybe a picture.

I intend to have 5 CO2 ouput lines initially but would like the manifold to be flexible so I can plug up to 8 CO2 lines.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
You have a few options if you're willing to do the work yourself. The first thing you'll want to do is source 5 identical needle valves (potentially 8). My research led me to believe having identical valves will prevent lots of issues later. Once you have the valves then you need to decide on a manifold design. I've tried the 2 below. I first did the brass manifold and scrapped it to try and neaten things up a bit. I foolishly thought I had a leak in my manifold when it turns out the bubble counters were leaking on me. So I tore that down and opted for what looked to be a cool setup using push connect fittings. I'm now back to the brass design as those push connect fittings just would not work for me. I had leaks to no end and was going through 20 lb co2 tanks multiple times in a month! As far as the brass manifold I built, everything was sourced off the shelf in the plumbing aisle of home depot. Keep in mind there are multiple ways to skin a cat; so lots of different pieces could be used to create something similar.

Then the updated version using this as the actual "manifold"

which then lead to the needle valves that I mocked up in project boxes and used these push connects:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.