The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank is almost 4 months old, I have 29 gallon with 60 lbs of sand substrate. I am getting a lot of plant melt with staghorn algae and BBA. I have Nicrew light on for 9 hours and I alternate 1 capful of Seachem Fluorish with 2caps of Seachem potassium one day and the other is 1 cap of seachem Iron and 2 caps of Fluorish trace. I use lots of seachem root tabs every 90 days. I have zero ammonia and nitrite and about 10 to 20 ppm of Nitrate. And I also dose seachem excel about 2-3 caps everyday. My BBA is everywhere and I'm squirting excel directly on BBA to manage it. But my biggest stress is the plant melt. How to prevent and stop it. Complete newbie here asking for help. I have 2 ottos, 1 nitrite snail, 6 rasboras, 2 male guppies, 2 guppy fry, 2 sunset gourami, 10 amano shrimp, 6rcs, 6blue velvet shrimp, and about 20 shrimp babies. I also do 50% water changes weekly.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.