The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello i need a guide about RO System for future shrimp room
RO system has 5 steps for common RO system, and additional 3 make up to 8 steps RO system, the additional 3 include Bio Mineral(adding mineral), UV and Hexagonal filter.

The RO system got GDP(Galon perDay) spec too, 50 GDP-400GDP , but i'm more concern with the membran RO, looks like the membran following the GDP spec, 50 GDP got 50GDP membran, 70GDP got 70GDP membran, etc

and the seller won't guarantee the output TDS, especially if the source got TDS more than 200, but it's safe to assume the result under 50 TDS. I would be glad if there solution to further reduce the TDS under 10

I need reccomendation about the spec:
1. which step should i take, 5steps or additional bio mineral / uv / hexagonal?
2. Is there any solution to reduce the tds under 10? any specific feature needed from the RO system?
3. my source water PH = 4-5.5 would RO System reduce the PH or keep it at 6.5?
4. my friend say i could use the hexagonal filter to raise my ph, anyone use the hexagonal filter yet?
thank you

Bump: currently reading old thread, sorry for creating new one
still waiting for some enlightment
thx

·
Registered
3,329 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ro system reducing the ph
i need to use some filter to raise the ph...
unfortunately i don't think ro system a good choice anymore...

·
Registered
286 Posts
A quick search on ebay will turn up a 1 cubic foot fiberglass pressure tank for holding mixed bed resin, 2 tanks and the resin will set you back about $250-$300, a few prefilters, especial a water softening (anion filter) will improve the life of this for a long time.

I'm running a series of wound fiber filter, 5 micron carbon, 1 micron carbon, anion filter, then it goes into a 1 cubic foot mixed bed resin, from the to another 1 cubic foot mixed bed resin tank. I use this for laboratory, comes out at 18 meg, about as pure as can be made. The system has been up and running for several years with no lapse in the quality of water and I run a lot of water through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.