The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the hanging kits i found online will never be "in stock" what are people using to lift the Fluval Plant 3.0 lights off their tanks? I now have 2 (60 liter) 16 gallon rimless tanks that would greatly benefit having the light up off the tank about 4". I need something more stylish than hanging chain or wire from the ceiling. I do have access to a 3D printer if that is a solution.

Thanks!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used this Aquarium light leg/stand by supex as a template. My buddy printed it out for me and I asked them to customize the bottom feet to accommodate 6mm glass instead of the default rimmed version. The recipe does come with 3 different heights.
Perfect! I think 4" would be outstanding for me. Do you have the printing file? I assume it's a file.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It should be in the link in my above post. There should be a file link to download the recipe.
I see it. Sorry, I'm at work trying to do 3 things at once.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the light lifters on Friday evening and the new light came in today's mail.

Now if I could only find a cabinet that both tanks would fit on. LOL!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the current usa orbit mount. The clips don't fit the fluval 3.0 light, only the current usa light, so I bought the fluval hanging kit and used the brackets from the hanging kit on the orbit mount. I now have 2 48" fluval 3.0's on these 2 mounts. The mounts are adjustable from 3 to 7 inches in height so they work great for anything sticking up over the water surface.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the current usa orbit mount. The clips don't fit the fluval 3.0 light, only the current usa light, so I bought the fluval hanging kit and used the brackets from the hanging kit on the orbit mount. I now have 2 48" fluval 3.0's on these 2 mounts. The mounts are adjustable from 3 to 7 inches in height so they work great for anything sticking up over the water surface.
Nice! I couldn't find the fluval hanging kits anywhere when I was looking.

Here are my two tanks with the printed lifters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.