The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
Great forum you have going on here. This is my first post. I'm looking for some help.
I need someone to point me to the right online source for a 8" or 9" fluorescent backlight for a Fluval 5 gal Chi Aquarium. It has a permanent central filter so I only have an inside area of 9.75" x 2.75" to work with. I can do my own rigging so I'm just looking for a supplier of tube lamp and fixture. I have a four Glofish and want to enhance the visuals a bit. Thanks so much for the help!
-stu

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ditch the dedicated filter thing. I tossed mine in the trash. Upgrade your lighting, and your filter. You can buy. 10x10 glass photo frame and use the glass from it as a tank lid. It looks legit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is what I meant about a 10x10 glass lid. I got a $4 picture frame from wal-mart, took the glass square out of that. Then got some 33 cent acrylic shelf pegs from Lowes and crazy glued those suckers on. Now I have a lid. Threw a $25 Marineland LED light from Petsmart on there with a $3 timer. Got a $10 Marineland filter that is for like 10 gal but wicked efficient on a 5 gal. Now it seals off all nice and shizz and i don't have to add effing water to it on the daily like i used to cuz it would evaporate like bananas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts