The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start working on a 36 gallon bow front planted freshwater tank. One problem though... FISH! I simply can't decide that's why I need suggestions for really cool fish. I'm looking for weird, dorky, and even ugly ones.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Ibinyth :smile:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
African butterfly fish, African knife fish, buffalohead cichlids, black phantom tetras, angelfish, celebes rainbowfish... there are lots of weirdos out there.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
butterflies are cool.. but theyre mad escape artists..

speaking of escape artists... maybe a little senegal bichir? and watch it eat feeders all day, cruising through the jungle of plants..

loaches act a little goofy sometimes.. its kinda cute i guess..

fathead minnows are easy to take care of and are really active.. but damn do they get ugly looking at breeding time... i have a small group of shiners(red and spotfin?) in one of my tanks.. they and white clouds are growing on me.. minnows minnows minnows.. ill stop now..

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
If you want ugly you could always go with a channel catfish or a feeder goldfish...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
There's a relative of the tire track eel that maxes out at about 6-7 inches. Forgot the name...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Mastacembelus simbi! Got it! So there you are. A dwarf spiny eel.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
i have two poly's, an albino sen might be your best bet for a bichir in that kinda tank.
It also goes well with the butterfly fish.

.....I might need to get some myself now......lmao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.