The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... Sadly, I recently lost my Betta, Petunia... :frown2::crying::frown2:

I'm pretty sad about it because I've had her for a few years now and she was the reigning queen of my community tank...

Although I don't plant to get another fish right away, I'm beginning to think of what I would like to get to fill the void in my tank... Anyone have any ideas about colorful and interesting fish that I could add to my tank? Tank mates would be gold tetras, CPDs, Emerald Microrasboras, Amano shrimp, RCS, Nerite snails, albino Corys, and panda Corys... Tank is a 36 gallon bowfront. Let me know your thoughts!

Link to tank journal: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/12-tank-journals/979337-new-36-gallons-bowfront.html

Thanks,
Matt M,

·
Registered
59 Posts
Odd: hatchetfish. Colourful: guppy. Don't know both within south america, sorry. good luck and happy fish keeping.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Condolences, you must have looked after her well, because they normally only live bout 3 years.
Why not get a nice show quality male

Thank you, yes I did my best to.. I had her in a 2.6 gallon with a couple albino Corys, and FINALLY got her into a bigger tank... I wish she had more time to enjoy it :frown2:

But yeah I was thinking about doing that however I'm not sure on sources... Im assuming I would need to find a local breeder for a fish with those type of genetics?

- Matt M.

Bump:
Odd: hatchetfish. Colourful: guppy. Don't know both within south america, sorry. good luck and happy fish keeping.
Hmm, I have always been interested in hatchets so maybe I will give that a shot... And I've had endlers in the past which are similar to guppies... They were fun and bred like rabbits.. I noticed you picked up in the fact that I lost my top water fish :) what do y'all think about licorice gouramis? Do they hang near the surface like most other gouramis I've seen? They're beautiful and unusual/ unique (compared to the bread and butter species of most LFS and chains).

- Matt M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts