The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a 17G long tank and I'm stuck on making the harscape "right". I'm going to add seiryu stones after i'm done arranging the manzanita wood as shone in the photo. I would like to have harsh criticism, and i'm aiming for recreating a "fallen tree" look. I took the pics with my iphone so the actual scape looks smaller than it is, and it looks completely different in real life.

Cloud Light Sky Street light Lighting

Wood Lighting Rectangle Flooring Table

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I del like you should place the rocks first...because a fallen tree would fall on rocks, not have rocks fall on it, ya know?

atm this just feels empty and lacking height

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
Yep, I would get all your desired hardscape first and then have people go at it.

Even right now as it is, I can see it as a start of a viable scape. You don't have to have both wood and stone: sticking to either one alone has it's own plusses. The so called 'height' can also come just from the plants.

Three are 100's and 1000's of "scapes" that one can do in the same tank. What makes it unique is YOU. People laughed at Chagall, Miro, Van Ghogh and countless other painters. How many can afford their paintings now?

You are no different - create what comes from your heart, what you see when you close your eyes.

Blah, we are our own most unforgiving critics.

v3

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
if you check out 'the green machine' on youtube there are quite a few aquascaping vids by them and ideas of materials/plants .... i like the look of their last one, using fossilised wood, which keeps the texture and shape of wood, but is actually rock

·
Registered
60 Posts
Look at photos of old forests with "fallen trees" in them, take a stroll through a local forest and find a fallen tree, then just digest the entire scene and imagine what you could do with your tank to mimic that sort of old fallen look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.