The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 37 gallon reef and a 75 gallon fw tank.
after spending lots on the reef u want to keep the fw inexpensive.
my main goal in the 75 is fish mostly 8 cardinals, 6 angels, 2 clown loach a few ottos and 6-8 lyretail swords.
im currently running a 2 24" bulb flourescent ficture and a coralife 35 inch 2x t5 for planted tanks light. i have maintain w/some algae val, crypt wendetti and amazon swords.
--
I plan on upgrading the coralife 36 to the 4 foot model and wanted an inexpensive co2 kit, i notice theres one called co2 pro system a nd the carbo block both sold by dr foster and smith....any recommendations, i just want some good healthy plant w/my fish...im not trying to have an "amano tank"...thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
put together a custom setup rather than the one on dfs as the parts will be better quality. i have a 75 gallon with an azoo regulator and some clippar needle valves with a rhinox 5000 and a powerhead above

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im trying to keep price down and more importantly if its a "kit" i can install it, while i appreciate your advice, i dont know what 1/2 the things you mentioned are..

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
The Carbo-Plus is almost as expensive to setup as a pressurized system. And much more expensive to operate in the long run.

A DIY yeast based system will cause you more problems than you can even start to imagine.

Do you have a calcium reactor or plan on having one for the reef?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rex,
no, i actually had a 65 reef w/skimmer the whole 9 yards
now its a 37 oceanic with an mj 900, tunze nano stream and an aquaclear to run carbon. and 4 t5's (sls tek light). i have been running sw for 3 yrs , this tankf set uop as described about a yr, no algae issues and softies and lps thrive, i even have a blue milli sps thats doing great.....im into low tech..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.