The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a while my second aquarium I thought was awesome, Was working out great was very heavily planted fish were happy plants were happy, algae was at a minimum, and all of a sudden my timer goes out while im on vacation and the lights stay on for way too long with no co2, some fish died I assume from stress plants got out of hand and algae took over, he a picture of the tank before this happened.

needless to say I tore this down, the only things i re used were my filter lights and tank, new wood, new plants and mostly new fish
and here it is as it stands now

extremely minimalist, I plan on covering the entire back with black fabric to hide the wall and outline of the hole in the stand, will also be adding alot of needle leaf java fern and staurogen repens when I can get a hold of some, now my problem is the rock i used to keep the wood down, should I leave it or does it look off? the one on the left, the one on the right is a keeper for me.
any other opinions would be awesome, the heater will be moved with time, or taken off

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also imagine that blyxa in the back but from wall to wall and all of it over the surface of the water, that is how it was at the peak before tear down, the front sides were also covered in blyxa and DHG just didn't take a pic, the hc took off and then died down

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
The rock needs to go ASAP. You might be able to move it more to the right but I doubt that would work either. Right not it's not just a focus point, it's a focus black hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.