The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need advise on the number of cory habrosus in 15 gallon long

1782 5
So i have decided to set up a 15 gallon species tank for my cory habrosus. There will be anubias attached to small driftwood covering back of the tank, open space in the front for them. The filtration will include aqueon 10 HOB and aquaclear 50 HOB. I curently have 9 of them in 45 gallon community tank. I want more of them.
So the question is: for this setup and filtration system, how many corys would i be able to stock in the tank? I need some advise besides the 1 inch rule.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Neat little fish! I think those guy stay under 1 1/2"? In your 15g sp. tank I think you can go to 12 right away. Then stay there for a maybe two months and keep an eye on your perimeters and see if they seem to crowded.

Maybe some fast growing floaters as a little extra filtration help.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I know my pygmys are very active and entertaining to watch. They come out at various times during the day to swim around in a group, relax on rocks or lounge in my growing HC carpet. Habrosus are likely the same. I hope you enjoy your new additions!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.