The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey folks.

i have a 36g quarter-round tank.

i was also thrilled that i was able to re-use my light, a simple 20" power compact.

the light was awesome for my 20g, but i think i need a little more oomph for the 36g.

my dilemma is was what would work for me?

the top of the 36g is not a very convenient rectangle.

so..... i come to you for suggestions and advice.

what would fit in this? of course, i'll need to consider upfront cost and power consumption.

this tank was set up mostly for my daughter. so she thanks you in advance.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If that PC light is as good as an AH Supply light, it is a good level of light for the tank. Look up at the installed bulb and see if you can see a reflection of the bulb at both sides of it, so it looks like 3 bulbs instead of just one. If you can do that, or even see more reflections, it is a good light to use.

A one bulb T5HO light would also be a good choice, except that you would need to have it about 3-4 inches above the top of the tank, or use pressurized CO2. The Hagen GLO single bulb T5HO light should work well, and since it doesn't have a really good reflector, it should even do well sitting right on top of the tank. A possible problem would be that the light might not spread out enough to cover the whole tank. For that, the PC light should be better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.