The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a Red Sea paintball Co2 system and have trouble with the needle valve. I can't set a normal bps-- it goes too slow or too high--

I think the it needs to be replaced, if so, which one should I choose?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
The Fabco NV55 is a common needle valve that many people use.

Otherwise, there are often cheap Swagelok and/or Parker metering valves available on eBay or the Swap and Shop forums.

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
can the Fabco NV55 be used inline??
Yes; in fact, it is recommended to use the Fabco inline and not to mount it.

The Fabco valve is an inline valve, that can be precariously mounted directly to the solenoid valve - very tiny inlet fitting.
:biggrin: To add; you can mount it, but the #10/32 threading is very fragile. In addition, the body of the Fabco NV55 is quite heavy, so a little bump could destroy the mounted needle valve.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Have you tried reducing the working pressure of the regulator? Sometimes doing so will make the needlevalve adjustment less sensitive. The reason I say this is because, I was using a Redsea needlevalve for years before going with a Fabco. The Redsea Needlevalve worked fairly well for me. The only thing I didn't like is, when you adjust the bubble rate, you are putting a twist in the hose as well.

Using a Fabco, I keep the working pressure at about 10 PSI. If I go higher than that, one tiny little turn will make a dramatic change in bubble rate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.