The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm at a store that sells welding regulators and I was wondering if any of these two can be used for the aquarium.

I'm also planning on getting this kit to build my co2 regulator. CO2 Regulator Parts | CO2 For Planted Tanks And Home Brewing. CO2 Regulator Post Body Kit #1

Here are the two regulators:

this one is $99

this one is on sale for $110 and on the bottom it says it's made by Victor.

The thing that's throwing me off is that it says it's an argon/co2 regulator. Is that still ok to use?

And they're both single stage. Also keep in mind the price is in Canadian dollars.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
No, the fittings won't work for CO2. I believe they're describing an argon/CO2 mix for welding, but that's not a CGA-320 nipple.

You can probably pick up a CGA-320 nipple and nut at that same place (maybe $10), and switch them out on the regulator. However, I can't tell what the gauge ranges are. If the psi gauge only goes up to 30, it'll work, but you'll be limited to a reactor, and won't be able to use an Atomic-style diffuser, which requires a higher pressure to function.

·
Registered
722 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.