The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a 16 x 16 x 16 inch tank which is about 18 gallons and need advice on a lighting fixture that will fit it or do you think i will have to get some kind of lamp to light it.
It will be a mid light level tank.
Joey

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
You can get a 12" 2x18w Satellite fixture...your tank's dimensions are very interesting though. I don't think many fixtures will be able to cover the front-back dimension of your tank unless you raise it higher over the water.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Either get two of the Sattelites, or two Coralife fixtures. Same wattage. But it's gonna cost you around ~$110 shipped for both. Maybe a tad more.

Or you can get a 20" fixture to sit on top of the 16" tank. It'll hang over though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mabye i can call and change the size of my tank if they havent built it yet. I would like to have a cube tank but want a light fixture that is eay to find for it. What size would yall make it i want it to be about 20 gallons.
Joey

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok i changed my order to these measurements 24"x12"x18" thats the same measurements as is on the ADA Cube Garden 60-H.
So what size fixture should i look for with these measurement. I hope it affordable and easy to find .
Joey

·
Registered
576 Posts
That's a difficult size to light with commonly used flourescent bulbs. 24" is usually the most economical. You'll have to be a little creative if you want to use PC's over your tank.

You can buy a 70 watt metal halide pendant, but it ain't cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.