The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to circulate water between two tanks, one of which is ten feet higher than the other. What brand of pump will be the most efficient and reliable?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's what I am thinking... 75 gal, main planted tank and a 30 gal (or more) remote ( down stairs ) tank. All equipment ,including filters (2) and heaters (2), will be in the remote tank,which will also be planted. The remote tank is basically a sump, for lack of a better word. Water will be pumped up to the main tank with a pump ( tryin to figure this part out ). Water will return to the "sump" tank via an overflow in the main tank.The tanks will be on opposing lighting cycles thereby lessening ph and o2 swings and increasing water volume. C02 will be run during the day ( minimally due to the production of co2 coming from the sump tank which will be dark during the day ). The co2 produced at night in the main tank will be used by the sump tank. The sump tank will be set up first, with faster growing plants like hygrophila, vallisneria and such. Once established and grown in, I will hook the sump tank up to the main tank and start planting it. My hope is that the sump tank plants will keep excess nutrients to a minimum during the main tank grow in and keep algae down. I will probably stock the sump tank exclusively with shrimp and the main will be a fully stocked community . That's it. Your thoughts, other than Im out of my mind , are encouraged

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts