The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting a fairly heavily planted nature aquasacape; using Flourite Black as a substrate with some black volcanic porous gravel below it. I am using CO2 (GLA).

In reading these posts about fertilizers...I'm just simply over whelmed. I'm not a chemist, I'm looking for a fairly simple solution to keeping my plants healthy and growing. I'll have a combination of plants; some foreground cover, mid level and background rooted plants and a Finnex Ray2 LED light.

Can someone please help me out on some substrate fertilizer tabs/powder and what product(s) is/are good for the water column? I really don't want to get into daily, multiple dosings of minute quantities of a multitude of products. I know, I know...I speak blasphemy but I do have another life, family and work. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Talk to nicolg and get a dosing pump.

Part of having a successful planted tank is having good and stable water parameters. Once you get the right fertilization then simple hook it up to a dosing pump then leave it be. You can do daily, alternate, every 2 days, etc with dosing pumps. The Jebao pumps which now cost around $80 is a good investment. I have yet to lose one and I have 4 of them feeding all my planted tanks. They have 4 pumps so you can do KN03, PO4, Micro and Fe (or Top off). This is my setup for all my tanks. For Fe, I do Seachem Fe (.1 ppm dose) on a daily basis too just for extra umpf on iron!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.