The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around and actually ordered from several places and I have had some rather unpleasing results. small crappy plants, Plants never coming for several months followed by displus and threats when trying to cancel, plants only ship on Thursday and die on weekend wait if you ship by ground, etc, etc.

So, where is a good place to order plants?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Right HERE in the "swap n shop" forum. Post "wtb:what you are looking for" and someone is bound to have some clippings they can sell you way below cost at a LFS...and much higher quality (99% of the time). Give it a try.

Also, check Charlie (aka Lowcoaster) in the sponsor's forum...he sells great plants at barely above wholesale.

Another is www.aquabid.com...the ebay for fish stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Hoppy just had a major plant trimming. Lots of plants. If you're looking for a large batch of plants, just wait for someone when they have a huge trimming.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I think it's a valid point though... an online store with a large list of plant species and "add to cart" buttons is quite a different thing than an online forum. If you are after various specific plants, especially rarer ones, swap and shop is not the easy way to go if you want to place one order and get your plants all at once.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Swap and Shop is useless... if you have a scaped tank and just want to add one species, you can check the forum or post a request, or, if you really don't care what plants you want to put in your tank, you just want an all-in-one package, it also can work. But this doesn't represent 100% of people wanting to buy plants.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see you're in Annapolis. Have you tried The Aquarium Center in Randallstown? Might be a bit of a drive for you, but I've been extremely happy with their plant department. Think I saw some hydro when I was there this past weekend.

The Aquarium Center

·
Registered
46 Posts
aquarium center gets there plants late in the week, like thurs or fri. Im always off mon and tues, so when I go they seem to be out of everything good

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Also, check Charlie (aka Lowcoaster) in the sponsor's forum...he sells great plants at barely above wholesale.
LOL Are you serious? His prices are about three or four times higher than EVERY other single sponsor here. I love Charlie, nicest guy in the world, but lets be realistic. If you have had that many problems with everyone else that sells plants, I would suggest you buy fron Charlie.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
LOL Are you serious? His prices are about three or four times higher than EVERY other single sponsor here. I love Charlie, nicest guy in the world, but lets be realistic. If you have had that many problems with everyone else that sells plants, I would suggest you buy fron Charlie.
whatever Robert...ok here's a plug for you too..

Try one of our vendors on this board as well. There's aquabotanic and a bunch of others can can fill your needs.

What is it with some of the folks here these days...people try to lend a hand and extend an olive branch and it gets snapped off

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IMHO you are unprofessional not worthy of trust do to past events and thus i do not wish to follow any advice from you.
There's aquabotanic

Yeah.. I have had a trial order from that vendor to see how it was. My results are included into the list below. I will not say which though as I do not intend to do that vendor harm. Nor am I intending to bad mouth that vendor I am simply stating I have had problems and supplying fact to tell you on the forums why i will not go with that vendor.

I have been looking around and actually ordered from several places and I have had some rather unpleasing results. small crappy plants, Plants never coming for several months followed by displus and threats when trying to cancel, plants only ship on Thursday and die on weekend wait if you ship by ground, etc, etc.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
This is the problem with a question and a thread like this.

It starts out as an innocent question and it turns into a "flame-fest". I and everyone else has seen it happen a million times, and I am sure it will happen a million times more.

I don't know. Maybe it is me right now at this very moment. Maybe I am in a bad mood or something (I don't really think I am,but I might be), but I just don't want to see this continue. Past experience tells me that if I come back to this after work the situation will be worse.

I am going to close this for the time being to prevent this from growing form an annoyance to an all out issue. The other mods and I will have a pow-wow and see if it should be locked permanently.

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.