1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
look good to me, compact version though, if you need a lot of RO water, those filters need to be replaced sooner than the normal 10" filter cartridges.

now I am thinking if I need a new RO set--the one you just show in the link. It is about time to order some dog food from chewy too..
:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
look good to me, compact version though, if you need a lot of RO water, those filters need to be replaced sooner than the normal 10" filter cartridges.

now I am thinking if I need a new RO set--the one you just show in the link. It is about time to order some dog food from chewy too..
<a href="http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/images/smilie/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" >:)</a>
Haha good, I did a bit more research on it and it looks really solid, just a bummer I blew 80$ on a used one that didn't work for me. It's on amazon as well, not too sure where to buy replacement cartridges for it though.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha good, I did a bit more research on it and it looks really solid, just a bummer I blew 80$ on a used one that didn't work for me. It's on amazon as well, not too sure where to buy replacement cartridges for it though.
https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life.../B01M1RQ0IU/ref=psdc_2975473011_t1_B00204CQF6 . Not too bad pricing either. I think?
No definitely not too bad, I'm not sure how often you are expected to change filters on this compact unit though.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
No definitely not too bad, I'm not sure how often you are expected to change filters on this compact unit though.
I don't have any experience at all with RO systems but here at work, we measure TDS on our whole facility filter. If TDS gets higher, its time to change filters. What the limits of the readings are, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
I'm also curious to see what the efficiency rating is on that filter. I hate wasting 3 gallons just to make 1 gallon of RO water.

BRS had one that was 1.5 to 1 on their 5-6 stages
This is what I think:

When my RO reserve tank is empty, the waste/RO discharge ratio is small, but when the RO reserve tank is near full and the pressure build up inside, more waste water flowing out but not much RO water push into the RO reserve tank. This waste/RO ratio is not static, less waste to RO when the RO outlet has no restriction(pressure building up).

normal system with a RO reserve tank, waste/RO is about 3 to 1, but BRS make that claim because there is no RO reserve tank....

and I guess most RO system on the market use the same RO membrane filter, from GE.:smile2:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have any experience at all with RO systems but here at work, we measure TDS on our whole facility filter. If TDS gets higher, its time to change filters. What the limits of the readings are, I don't know.
The way to make it last the longest is replace the first filters when their time comes or it will lower the life of the membrane.

I'm also curious to see what the efficiency rating is on that filter. I hate wasting 3 gallons just to make 1 gallon of RO water.

BRS had one that was 1.5 to 1 on their 5-6 stages
I think it's about 1:3 so not amazing but I can live with that when the price of a gallon is so cheap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.