The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an LED light from Walmart, it makes 60 watts, and my hairgrass is growing! Bulb is around eight dollars! Screws in like a regular light bulb!
yeah I understand what you meant. I'm doing dry start using the cheap bulb fixture method. but since the tank is eventually going to my personal business with frequent guests, I would like the fixture to look more professional down the road

·
Registered
196 Posts
It does look nice though! I bought a black metal clip on light, also at Walmart, and it sits above the glass! Does'nt look bad at all! :) I have had the expensive kind as well, and they also screwed into this light, but the remote went bad in it right away, and only the blue LEDS would work. I prefer this kind for now! I think the other one was over 60.00 dollars at the time!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It does look nice though! I bought a black metal clip on light, also at Walmart, and it sits above the glass! Does'nt look bad at all! :) I have had the expensive kind as well, and they also screwed into this light, but the remote went bad in it right away, and only the blue LEDS would work. I prefer this kind for now! I think the other one was over 60.00 dollars at the time!
if you don't mind, could you post the link to the light that you bought from wal mart?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.