The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I just set up a tank and the old leaves of glosso and Rotala are starting to get brown edges. The new growth looks very healthy and the plants have good root growth and are spreading. I am using LED lighting doing 50% daily water change with RO/DI and tap mix. Using aquasoil as my substrate.

Is this a deficiency of some sort or just the old growth dying back from a change in condition? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
I would say it's new environment. If the new growth is looking good I would not fret too much about it. Rotalas can be finicky, especially when replanted. What happens when you rub a leaf with fingertips? Does the brown stuff comes off?

That's a lot of water changes, imho. A Discus tank?

Reactions: Opare

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say it's new environment. If the new growth is looking good I would not fret too much about it. Rotalas can be finicky, especially when replanted. What happens when you rub a leaf with fingertips? Does the brown stuff comes off?

That's a lot of water changes, imho. A Discus tank?

Thanks. No it is not but I am following water change regimen from frank wazeter post about Ada soil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.