The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I talked to the Aquatic Dog, and they said they could get in a bulk shippment. Of course that was a couple months ago, but I am pretty sure they could still do it. I asked if they would discount the purchase of so many, and they said it would depend on how many, so I don't know what the final price would acctually be.

I got a few neons from their store at the time, and they were very healthy and not anywhere near as delicate as the beat up ones at big box stores. I could only hope the bulk buy would be from the same good stock.

I would recomend putting a gold fish in a floating box (so that it doesn't eat your plants) for a few weeks first, to really make sure your cycle is going strong before putting that many sensitive fish in play.

When you make your order, I would love to get about 10 or 15 as well.

Oh! And I have two nice fat goldfish that you could borrow to run your cycle with, and could make a good box to float them in as well. Just let me know.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to the Aquatic Dog, and they said they could get in a bulk shippment. Of course that was a couple months ago, but I am pretty sure they could still do it. I asked if they would discount the purchase of so many, and they said it would depend on how many, so I don't know what the final price would acctually be.

I got a few neons from their store at the time, and they were very healthy and not anywhere near as delicate as the beat up ones at big box stores. I could only hope the bulk buy would be from the same good stock.

I would recomend putting a gold fish in a floating box (so that it doesn't eat your plants) for a few weeks first, to really make sure your cycle is going strong before putting that many sensitive fish in play.

When you make your order, I would love to get about 10 or 15 as well.

Oh! And I have two nice fat goldfish that you could borrow to run your cycle with, and could make a good box to float them in as well. Just let me know.
I filled up the XP2 with filter floss from the 29 gallon. I dumped a bunch of instant bacteria starter cultures also. I got another 20 long finned blue danios.

ATM there's 10 zebra and 10 blue long fined danios.. I need to find a home for the chinese algae eater.. Maybe an auction...

I bought the dwarf hairgrass... now I need to get my other plants growing well and established.

When i called Mikes killer fish, he said he could probably do $1/ea for a bulk of 50 neons or $1.20 each for cardinals. He said to let him know when i wanted to make the order, he'd drop them off at my place on the way home from the airport to pick them up. I'd have to eat any losses in shipping.

We could always see if anyone else in the club wanted some and order 100.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
We could always see if anyone else in the club wanted some and order 100.
Would be a good idea, but I also have to check on when you would order them... we will be going out of town for a week starting this Sunday.

Otherwise, I would be in for 20 at $1ea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.