The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the guts of the light built, the drivers the power supplies and all that working and with the fade sketch from the arduino learning website i can make the buck regulators and the arduino do things

anyone able to help someone who deffinatly shouldnt code things to get thecode side of things sorted?

the parts list is pretty basic

arduino nano and a ds3231 rtc

outputs are wired as follows

white on pin d6
green on pin 9
blue on pin 10
red on pin 11

i dont know if its possible to reverse the fade too as 0v gives 100% and 5v gives 0% on the buck regulators im using

this light is replacing the jc&p wrgb pendant i have been using for the last few weeks i managed to break something on the built in timer that never worked and now it only lets me adjust total brightness and the blue channel now so i would like to get back to the colour spectrum looking pleasing instead of a weird shade of green lol

·
Registered
12,843 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I'd be interested in your drivers.. None that I know of respond like you reported.

So many people reinventing the wheel ;)
i found them on ebay like 4 or 5 years ago they go 0 - 5v for the pwm input im very suprised no one else found them and shared as i made a post showing them off many years ago on here

i think they supourt 50v or 50w of led per unit and they play ball very well with arduino as i used them with someone elses sketch many years ago with alot of success but i cant figure out how i got it to run properly last time and im not making a whole lot of sense of the sketches and im just like i have no idea how to make it do what im trying to do
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electrical wiring Audio equipment

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Resistor Finger

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
i found them on ebay like 4 or 5 years ago they go 0 - 5v for the pwm input im very suprised no one else found them and shared as i made a post showing them off many years ago on here

i think they support 50v or 50w of led per unit and they play ball very well with arduino as i used them with someone elses sketch many years ago with alot of success but i cant figure out how i got it to run properly last time and im not making a whole lot of sense of the sketches and im just like i have no idea how to make it do what im trying to do
View attachment 1035239
View attachment 1035240
I vaguely remember those since the current was adjustable..

They do work "backwards" from other drivers besides buckpucks,
Yhey don't list a pwm frequency but the mA range is useful.

See coding takes in a life all its own.

I' ve had custom boards built for me based around the esp32 which has built in led control.

Sorry, I'm bouncing all over here.. Can't help you w/ coding since I found it really is more convenient for me just to pay someone else so to speak.

A modified tc-420 for $25, a pc and living with dealing w/ chinese software is good enough at times.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I been trying to figure out how to code it but the problem is I don’t learn from reading all this stuff over and over I learn by doing hence I can figure the hardware side of things without much trouble but not the code

1 - 9 of 9 Posts