The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently Working On A Nature Aquarium--its A 29 Gallon With Over 200 Watts Of Pc 10k Lighting Over It--it Is Purely A Neon Tetra Tanka Dn I Hope To Create An Amano-like Landscape--however I Have A Few Questions

1) Regarding Substrate: Currently Using Eco-complete--any Comments--additionally How Deep Should The Substrate Be--currently It Is 1 Inch Deep?

2) Rocks And Parts Of The Tank Are Covered With Various Algae --some Nori And Some Filament Algae(no Green Water Due To Uv)--the Ottos In The Tank Do Not Seem To Be Doing Anything--wouldn't I Be Best Served To Take All The Rocks Out And Scrub Them In A 1-3 Bleach/water Solution

3) Plan On Getting My Co2 System From Drs Fosters/smith Soon, However Before Then Can I Add Plants?

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
1. most use several inches of substrate. mine is 1.5" in front and nearly 4" in back.
2&3. (they are related) almost 10wpg with no CO2? :icon_eek:
there is your algae problem. my advice: take down the tank, scrub everything, get the co2, and THEN plant the tank. plants will just be surfaces for algae growth in that environment without co2... do you really need that much light?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Want To Grow Glasso --also I Miss Typed--195w--

Should I Let The Ottos Do Their Job --i Mean Will They Eventually Eat This Stuff? Or Should I Do A Good Italian Bleach Cleaning

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
ottos only eat soft-algae, in my experience. strip the tank and get co2, or at least turn off the lights and get co2. you cannot have that much light without adding co2, period.

FYI - I grow glosso just fine in a 20g with only 51w...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Wow 200 watts...........Is it suspended light?

Nature Aquarium hardcore purists will often use a 150 watt MH over what equates to a 17 gallon tank, but it's suspended fairly high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.