·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nature Aquarium
2836 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
310-829-6180

Had some extra time during lunch and visited Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica. They carry a good selection fish and a lot of them are the smaller rasboras/danios/tetras that a lot of the nano guys like. They have a decent collection of plants as well distributed around their tanks. Many of the holding tanks are planted. There were no dead fish in any of the tanks that I could notice and their fish seemed healthy although their salt water collection seemed like it need a bit of TLC (some algae on the tanks, some of the larger fish were crammed into tanks too small for them and were obviously stressed). Their SW display reef was very nice however. The owner, Toru, was friendly and I spent a good 20 minutes sitting there talking with him. He told me he had about 15 years of experience in planted tanks both here in the US and in Japan. I asked him if he intended to carry any Amano stuff and he said he'd considered it in the past but it doesn't seem like there's enough interest locally to make it worth his while. He did however bring out a huge stack of Amano magazines and catalogs that he let me browse through as we talked about how expensive but great the ADA stuff was.

Overall, my experience with the shop was good and I would feel comfortable purchasing livestock from there.

-Charlie

·
Registered
674 Posts
hes a really nice guy, and it would be great if we could persuade him into stocking ada goods. that way i dont have to order it or drive all the way to long beach to get a tank or substrate

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just wanted to leave a post on some things that caught my eyes today

Boraras urophthalmoides
Corydoras habrosus and pygmaeus
Sparkling gourami (appears to be males only)
Crystal reds/blacks (B/C grade)
Nannostomus espei (only 2 left)
Dicrossus sp.

And probably some more that I can't remember

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi
Do u know where in LongBeach u get ADA substrate?

Also can u tell me where in LA,OC area have good planted tropical stores.
I am more into plants then fish...

thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts