The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my family and I just returned from camping along Penns Creek in central PA and while we were fishing in the creek, I noticed what look to be Malaysian Trumpet snails in the swifter currents, on the rocks. While I'm pretty sure they were not MTS, does anyone have any idea what native species they may be and if they are appropriate for a planted tank? I was tempted to collect a few but then thought better of it - don't want my tanks decimated overnight by some unknown species that I know nothing of

I am going to google these guys later but just wanted to put out the question to you guys this AM.

Thanks,
Roy

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
So my family and I just returned from camping along Penns Creek in central PA and while we were fishing in the creek, I noticed what look to be Malaysian Trumpet snails in the swifter currents, on the rocks. While I'm pretty sure they were not MTS, does anyone have any idea what native species they may be and if they are appropriate for a planted tank? I was tempted to collect a few but then thought better of it - don't want my tanks decimated overnight by some unknown species that I know nothing of

I am going to google these guys later but just wanted to put out the question to you guys this AM.

Thanks,
Roy
Any photos?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.