The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Same thing. microsorum pteropus

I'm sure that statement will upset some people :hihi:. I've read countless threads with a lot of people basically arguing with each other that there is / is not a difference between the two.

With that said, I've had some narrow and needle-leaf java fern in one of my tanks for over a year and there is a noticeable difference between the two. In my case, the needle-leaf is thinner in diameter than the narrow-leaf. I can try to grab a picture in a little bit if you would like.

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
+1 ^^

I have both in the same tank and the differences are rather major. Might be hard to find narrow leaf that is 18"+ long.

v3

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input didn't mean to start a feud. If I understand what you're saying needle leaf grows longer but is narrower? I'm looking for a subtle addition to my 60p, something that stays under 4 inches or so and ideally would grow somewhat horizontally. Does narrow leaf fit the bill?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.