The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started a ground cover with narrow lead micro sword and I was wondering if anyone has done a cover with this before. If so what worked or didnt work for you? Thanks for all the help.

Adam

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
I have not yet, but I plan to try Lilaeopsis mauritana as a carpet for my next nano tank. Some have carpeted with it before on here(forum), sadly I can't recall any names though. Mine will be a no co2, but liquid fert/excel dosed tank, medium light, and still not 100% on substrate, for a 7 gallon cube that will have some taller plants in the back so it won't be covering the whole thing.

Ah! found one of the journals of a micro sword carpet tank here.. unfortunately their micro sword is Lilaeopsis brasiliensis though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crazy it looks so cool with micro sword and narrow... looks like ur playing in grass! I cant wait for my tank to fill in completely

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I have a nice L. mauritiana rug in my 75g and have had L. brasiliensis in the past. Neither have any special requirements. They're like any other plants, just provide proper conditions ( nutrients and light) and they do their thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts