The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 nano tanks running fairly low tech. i have a 2.5 gallon, .5 gallon, and a .7 gallon (im guessing, it didnt say when i bought it). anyway, the 2.5 is fine, but the others are not. i have some dwarf hair grass and some unidentified moss, which did well for a while. theres also some hygrophila in one of the tanks, some floaters (frogbit, etc) and needle leaf ludwigia (purchased yesterday).
however the past couple of days the plants have been growing what looks like dust (it definitely isnt algae), and looks weird. its especially all over the moss.
i routinely dose the tanks with liquid CO2 and 'plant food' (aqueon). they both have good lighting set ups and everything seems normal. one of them does not have a bubbler, but the one with the bubbler seems worse.
what could it be? how can i get rid of it?
thanks!

·
Registered
608 Posts
By liquid co2 I assume your dosing excel. Dwarf hairgrass and quite a lot of plants don't respond well to excel. Also why are you using a bubbler that's gassing off any trace remnants that you manage to get from the liquid co2. I tried to go low tech on my 2 gallon spec growing baby tears and dwarfs hair grass, for the first few days everything seemed fine but after a week the hairgrass started turning brown and looked as if decaying,I then began dosing dry ferts and pressurized co2 and everything is growing better. If you can't afford pressurized co2 then at least make a diy reactor it's cheap and apparently very popular, I myself was going to go that route but I would rather have most of my equipment automated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too have the same issue with my 2.5 gallon.. Dwarf hairgrass is turning brownish just some parts... its getting bushy but brownish on some parts its not algae.. Though giving proper light and Using DIY co2 and fertz even liquid co2 once a week

1 - 3 of 3 Posts