The Planted Tank Forum banner

Nano Tank Journal

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Fat Guy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

This was my shrimp tank a couple weeks ago. :hihi:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Day 8: From the previous layout, I was not satisfied with the way it looked even if it was only a shrimp tank. To me the layout seemed too unbalanced, unattractrive to my eyes and the sponge filter took too much space. So I decided to replace with a nano hang over filter and rearrange the dragon rocks inspired of the Iwagumi style.

I ordered a few pots of hemianthus callitrichoiches 'cuba' to fill foreground and the rest I would plant them in foreground of my 32 gallon tank. Preparing to plant hemianthus.

Day 15: I took a few dwarf hairgrass in my 32 gallon tank and planted them in background to create more depth and planted a few of glossostigma in midground between the dragon rocks. Hemianthus callitrichoides in foreground started to spread a little since their roots have developped. It would take a couple weeks to cover the whole space, it's just a matter of time. I moved all the shrimps in another tank waiting for the plants to reach their maturity before readding them...

FYI, This is NOT my first time I experienced with HC and planted tank.

#8 ·
Got some transparences algeas on glass, not a big issue, removed them all and did water change.
For now on, I just added 2 otos and 2 RCS to take care of some algea.

Here's some updated pics:

So far so good, HC, Glosso and Hairgrass started to spread. Got a few pearling as well. It's a bit slow but they look healthy enough. I didn't have enough HC to speed up the growth in foreground and in both sides though...

I started dozing ferts only Potassium and Iron (not containing copper)

Too bad, I sold my macro lens.

#14 ·
Thanks a lot for your nice comments!

Yeah I'm trying to take good care of this tank. I know Glosso will grow faster than HC and Hairgrass. I will be ready to trim them down. :hihi:

Although their leaves are now yellowish cause they are still new and growing though but they will get greener later on with ferts dozed. Hopefully 1 month later to get really dense and it will give that natural look.

As for the light, I use a cheap compact 13wx2 bulbs :)

As for ferts dosing, I just dozed small amount of Potassium, Iron twice a week. About 5ml of Flourish Excel after every water change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.