The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have one very specific question I am hoping you can help me with. After 6+ years I am finally coming back to the aquarium hobby and for that reason I've bought a 40 litre (10gallon) nano tank. I've bought most of the equipment (external filter, c02, lights,..) and am still missing the heater. Now the problem:

The only room in the apartment I can have the aquarium is not heated and in the winter can go as low as 10 degrees Celsium (50 degrees Fahrenheit). Will Hydor ETH 200 external heater be an overkill for such small aquarium or should I get like one normnal - internal 50W-100W heater that can mantain like a normal 22 degrees Celsium temperature?

Also worth noting is, that I will only have Neocaridina shrimp + some Amano shrimp in it.

I welcome any and all help you can provide, thanks!

BR,
Andrej

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, you actually gave me the exact feedback I needed. I will buy a 50W submersible heater, but which brand would you suggest I get? I've read mixed reviews for Hydor heaters, are they better than some other mainstream brands? I would rather pay more and be on the safe side...

Thanks again, you are very helpful! I am quite glad to have joined this forum. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading a lot of reviews, I will most likely buy the Eheim Thermocontrol 50W / 75W heater. I've also read good things about Fluval E advanced / Aqueon Adjustable Pro and Cobalt Aquatics Flat Neo, but these 3 are not easily available here in Slovenia, while Eheim is.

I really wanted the 200W Hydor but as you guys mentioned its simply 2 big for a 10g.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.