The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Had been wanting to do a nano scape iwagumi style with seriyu stones. Completed a mock scape with the tank in planning and the harscape.

Requesting for your feedback on this mock scape. Thanks in advance for your time. Your suggestions will help me in bettering the layout plan. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Hi all,

Had been wanting to do a nano scape iwagumi style with seriyu stones. Completed a mock scape with the tank in planning and the harscape.

Requesting for your feedback on this mock scape. Thanks in advance for your time. Your suggestions will help me in bettering the layout plan. Thanks.

I never pull punches when folks ask for an opinion, but keep in mind it's just my opinion, what matters is whether you like it.

For me it's a little too symmetric with the gap almost exactly in the middle of the tank. I would redo it. These types of tanks are hard to get perfect because they are so small. Using the gaps in the rocks for plantings can help give nice definition to the rocks but I would try for a different layout.

What plants are you thinking of using?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never pull punches when folks ask for an opinion, but keep in mind it's just my opinion, what matters is whether you like it.

For me it's a little too symmetric with the gap almost exactly in the middle of the tank. I would redo it. These types of tanks are hard to get perfect because they are so small. Using the gaps in the rocks for plantings can help give nice definition to the rocks but I would try for a different layout.

What plants are you thinking of using?
Thanks. Very good feedback. I thought about it too, that it’s bit symmetric and the end point is not at the 2/3rds.

I will try adjustment it when building the real thing. I think it will be hard to keep a bigger rock structure on one side and a comparatively smaller one on the other side.

This means that the foreground will have sand possibly at the mid point, but I think the sand path can be shaped using some more detail stones to lead towards one side and have an end point at the 2/3 point.

Using the gaps in the rocks for planting - that’s the idea. There is not much planting surface otherwise. Plant choices are Monte Carlo. I am beginning to think may be leaf size of MC is too big for this tank and may be need to go with HC Cuba.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Thanks. Very good feedback. I thought about it too, that it’s bit symmetric and the end point is not at the 2/3rds.

I will try adjustment it when building the real thing. I think it will be hard to keep a bigger rock structure on one side and a comparatively smaller one on the other side.

This means that the foreground will have sand possibly at the mid point, but I think the sand path can be shaped using some more detail stones to lead towards one side and have an end point at the 2/3 point.

Using the gaps in the rocks for planting - that’s the idea. There is not much planting surface otherwise. Plant choices are Monte Carlo. I am beginning to think may be leaf size of MC is too big for this tank and may be need to go with HC Cuba.

Doing a good diorama/landscape style in a very small tank is extremely hard to do as you are finding out. If you are bound and determined to make a path between 2 points of rock you might want to try having one of your points of rock being much smaller then the other. This will let you move the gap/path closer to one side.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doing a good diorama/landscape style in a very small tank is extremely hard to do as you are finding out. If you are bound and determined to make a path between 2 points of rock you might want to try having one of your points of rock being much smaller then the other. This will let you move the gap/path closer to one side.
That make sense. Will try that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.