The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends. Just getting back into the hobby after a hiatus. Last month I whipped up a nice little nano vase tank for some blue leopard ramshorn snails.... Well... mainly just to look at the plants. It's low tech, with some sparse dosing.

Let me know what you think. I made a little video on youtube about it.

Video:

Some photos:

Plenty more photos + detailed info on my site: How to: Create a Jarrarium on a budget ? Rainforest Concepts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice photos and good use of the space. Are you actually running co2?
Thank you! I've been low dosing API "Co2 booster", just to test it out. It's been about 3 weeks and I've seen some nice growth on the plants. Haven't seen the need to do more at the moment. Drop checker generally reads at green with a slight blue tint, which if pretty fair, I think.

Although I was just reading a thread on reddit where someone was reporting any type of booster like excel or API co2 boost killing shrimp. I'm wearing to continue using it.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Thank you! I've been low dosing API "Co2 booster", just to test it out. It's been about 3 weeks and I've seen some nice growth on the plants. Haven't seen the need to do more at the moment. Drop checker generally reads at green with a slight blue tint, which if pretty fair, I think.

Although I was just reading a thread on reddit where someone was reporting any type of booster like excel or API co2 boost killing shrimp. I'm wearing to continue using it.
I don't think you'll see much movement in terms of color on the drop checker since the API booster isn't really co2. None of the bottled carbon products like Excel are. Real co2 is only in gas form. It does help with low tech though in terms of allowing plants to uptake better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think you'll see much movement in terms of color on the drop checker since the API booster isn't really co2. None of the bottled carbon products like Excel are. Real co2 is only in gas form. It does help with low tech though in terms of allowing plants to uptake better.
Absolutely. I do have co2 on bigger tanks, but it's tough to get a proper set up into such a small area / tank. I tend to only gas 5 gallons or above!

I appreciate the feedback!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts