The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at 3 nanos and wanted your thoughts on each.

1) Azoo Nano 2.5
Aquarium Kits & Desktop Aquariums: Azoo Mirror Desktop Aquariums

2) Eclipse Nano 3
Desktop & Office Aquariums: Marineland Eclipse System Three 3-gallon desktop aquarium kit

3) Pico Nano 3
Desktop & Small Aquarium Starter Kits: Picotope 3 Gallon Aquarium Kit

I am considering this for my office. Not really sure I will PLANT it, but if I do, it will be low light plants. Not sure what kind of fish, but nothing real exotic, just freshwater as I dont know anything about salt. I am not crazy about acryllic, but the all in one nature of the eclipse might be nice.

Thoughts appreicated......

chaz

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Of the three, I prefer the pico nano. It's really a toss up between #1 and #3, but I prefer the way the light is mounted in the pico nano. I would pick up a new bulb though since you won't be using the actinic portion of the 50/50 bulb.

The Eclipse 3 was ruled out since it uses a 6W bulb vs. the 9W used in the other two. The 9W bulbs are a lot easier to find vs. the proprietory 6W bulbs.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I looked at those 3 too and chose the Picotope and have never looked back. Great tank. Toss the light and replace it, but the filter and the tank itself are fantastic.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
picotope or the mirror bay azoo.
They are basically the same tank, only 1 is.5 gallons less and has a mirror back.
Whichever is most available i would go with.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Of the three, I prefer the pico nano. It's really a toss up between #1 and #3, but I prefer the way the light is mounted in the pico nano. I would pick up a new bulb though since you won't be using the actinic portion of the 50/50 bulb.

The Eclipse 3 was ruled out since it uses a 6W bulb vs. the 9W used in the other two. The 9W bulbs are a lot easier to find vs. the proprietory 6W bulbs.
I agree 100% Exactly what I was going to type.

What really swings me is if you don't want to change the setup at all, the light is very slick and doesn't take your eye away from the tank opposed to #1

But whatever your choice is I'm sure it will be great!

-Andrew

·
Registered
644 Posts
I donated one to charity but I still have another one left actually. It's only 9w and 1/2 actinic though. You sure you want it? It's from the Picotope....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.