The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
15g/60l
ehiem 2213
4ft T5HO x2 54W (the light goes over my other 15g)
diy CO2

Originally this tank was just ment for my juvinile murray cods, a tank i could keep them in until they were ready to join the big tank. it started out quite ugly. over time i collected plants and got heaps of info from websites like this. ive been selling off the murray cod gradually and now im trying to lift the last one. i want to put endlers and cherry shrimp in this tank after the last cod is sold, but first i need some help.
im unhappy with the scape i have now. the driftwood was just dumped in there and i just put the plants where ever. any ideas would be great

heres some pics of the tank

Attachments

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
If you just dumped plants in there, you've got really good instincts because you "dumped" pretty good. There's a nice flow from front to back and left to right.
If you added a rock on the right-hand side, about five inches right of the center, you'd give the 'scape a focal point and you'd have a pretty solid tank right there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice. 4th pic threw me for a loop - looks like you've got a couple of Nemos in a freshwater tank!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
If you just dumped plants in there, you've got really good instincts because you "dumped" pretty good. There's a nice flow from front to back and left to right.
I definitely agree and it's what I was going to say, I actually think it looks great! Perhaps a bit more hardscape as Ugly suggested, but otherwise, I think it really looks beautiful!

Nice. 4th pic threw me for a loop - looks like you've got a couple of Nemos in a freshwater tank!
HAHAHA ME TOO!

Very cool freshwater / saltwater set up you have there!

And that murray cod is really neat! and pretty to boot!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went to the creek today with a net and got some shrimp to help with algae. accidently caught 2 mosquito fish as well which i put in my cycling iwagumi.

shrimp

snail orgy

mosquito fish

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone. i recently got some endlers, 2 males and 3 females. on the day i introduced them into the tank one of the females gave birth. that was suprising, im not to sure what to feed them any advice would be great. i also got some HC wich is very hard to get in australia it took me months to find it. im hoping to replace all the glosso with HC eventually. as soon as i put the HC in the tank it started pearling so i guess thats a good sign.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ive got a couple of questions about my lighting. on this tank ive got 2 54 watt t5s 1 acintic and 1 10000k globe. ive been reading some threads about lighting and they all say acintic make algae grow faster. every 1 or 2 weeks or so i need to wipe off a layer of algae from the glass it gets old. im only got the acintic because i have a reef tank next to this one and some corals need the blue light. is it worth it to get seperate lights for both tanks? and if so is 10000k beter or 6700k?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice to have to rimless tanks nuts to butts. What you need are two more so you can have them paired off. :) Just messing with you tanks look great enjoy!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks, i no what you mean about the patch of sand, im trying to get hc to grow their it just didnt come out in the picture coz my camera is pretty crap.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
its been a while since ive updated, the endlers have bred like crazy and i have about a 100 of them now. Theyre hard to photograph they move so fast. need to sell some. trimming is a PITA especially the hair grass. neting it out is a biznitch, i get about 10 endlers every time i scoop. anyone know how to trim java fern? mine are getting to big for the tank.

FTS

A lot of endlers

Dirty Pipes

Whirlpool of Death

Another FTS

1 - 20 of 70 Posts