1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try these on your Nanos?

Galaxy & Palm Compact Flourescent Lights

Do you like them?

Do you have a photo of one on your Nano? Or 'Goldfish' Bowl?

Could you post a link to your thread or photo here?

I have been told that Bettas don't like bright light.

My Betta Bowl at the Office is currently missing a Betta (2+ years and now RIP) and I am thinking of whether to get this. I figure HM would LOVE IT. I am not sure if Anubias 'coffeefolia' (sorry about the spelling) would like it.

Am not sure which fish beside a Betta would go in a 1 Gallon Bowl and tolerate such BRIGHT LIGHT.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a Galaxy 13w light on a 1 gallonish SW reef it works well. Get the newer version with the improved mounting clip. Mine started rusting after a year or so.
Anyone try these on your Nanos?

Galaxy & Palm Compact Flourescent Lights

Do you like them?

Do you have a photo of one on your Nano? Or 'Goldfish' Bowl?

Could you post a link to your thread or photo here?

I have been told that Bettas don't like bright light.

My Betta Bowl at the Office is currently missing a Betta (2+ years and now RIP) and I am thinking of whether to get this. I figure HM would LOVE IT. I am not sure if Anubias 'coffeefolia' (sorry about the spelling) would like it.

Am not sure which fish beside a Betta would go in a 1 Gallon Bowl and tolerate such BRIGHT LIGHT.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the Palm light (sorry, no pics right now) and it works great, but I think you could also come up w/ a DIY setup for next to nothing. Just find a nice clamp-on regular desklamp and replace its incandescent bulb with a small compact fluorescent (7 to 15 watts).

If you're growing any plants in it, be sure to get a bulb rated as 'cool daylight' - even better if it has the light color rating in Kelvins (for plants, anything over 5000K should be fine.)

Also know that all lights put out some heat, so be sure and test first - without fish - how it affects the water temperature and see if it needs to be moved farther away.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I use the galaxy 2's on all my nanos (bought a bunch when they went on sale last year), they work great and i can grow pretty much anything. the newer plastic mounts also hold well. only wish they came in simple black or silver, i'm not a big fan of the highlighter colors they come in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts