The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions for a new light - I have a 3 gallon bowfront planted tank and would prefer a clip-on light, as opposed to a desk lamp fixture. The fluval nano was suggested by my lfs, but I'm concerned it might be a bit much and it's kinda pricey. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looking for suggestions for a new light - I have a 3 gallon bowfront planted tank and would prefer a clip-on light, as opposed to a desk lamp fixture. The fluval nano was suggested by my lfs, but I'm concerned it might be a bit much and it's kinda pricey. Thanks!
You where right to not buy the fluval it’s so expensive you could get a bigger tank

·
Registered
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
412 Posts
I purchased a MingDak LED a few months ago. It's bright as ****. Over did the lighting with it when I first got it. It's also pretty cheap. There is a $20 clip on type, same that I got. It way over lit my 2g and then it did great on my 5.5 at half the light settings. Settings stay once you put them in so it works well with a normal timer. only has white and blue lights, both are individually adjustable.

For the price, 9.5/10. There are small things that take tinkering to get it right where you want it. But for $20 it's great. The main thing I wanted is the lights and these are very bright.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts