The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got down to putting the hardscape into my 55l nano tank. Took me many attempts to get it till I was happy. Just waiting till the glue dries and then the plant planning can start. Cable ties are still very visable. Any ideas what kind of plants that would look good. The lighting is a 20w led spotlight with tropica aquasoil and Colombo flora base pro, dragon stone and some white and black sand at the front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plan is definitely anubias nana petite in the gaps in the rocks, I was thinking Monte Carlo along the sides then graduate it to possibly some rotala, some Java fern/trident in the wood bits and then I'll think something red in mid background

·
Registered
365 Posts
Very interesting. Can't wait to see what plants you decide.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Cover it up with epiphytes. wink

Fissiden moss and Anubia nana Petite are some of my favorites.
I second the Fissidens, especially the F. fontanus. And Anubia are always great. How about some bucephelandra—pricier, but a great choice if any will be sticking partly out of the water. and there are about a million Cryptocorynes that can populate lower down. Maybe some with the longer, thinner leaves and the interesting roots. Remember to take pictures!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts