The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still kinda new to the planted tank scene, and i'm still trying to figure out about ferts

i have a little 2 gal at work with DIY CO2 and a 13w CF light with 10 CRS and 2 Oto

being still new and this being at work, i wanted to keep it kinda low tech, do i need to fert as far as micros and macros, or can i just leave it as it is?

and if i should fert, any suggestions for smaller nano tanks?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
In my 5.5gl rimless, I dose the pfertz line of ferts, except I cut it down alot. I think I put a squirt of each once every three days or something.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ferting is a question of plant density and lighting. Volume shouldn't be the issue so much. If you see algae and nutrient deficiencies, try decreasing the light. Add a little micro/trace along side it perhaps. Eventually you'll find a nice balance.

I've got one of those 2 gal beta tanks that comes with a 13w CF over it and I'll be changing the light. It grows algae faster than any tank I've ever worked with.

-Philosophos

·
Registered
70 Posts
Moorish, just constantly monitor for the change of your plant growth and spot any algae. Adjust your dosing accordingly.

However, by having algae doesnt mean that you should stop dosing. Lack of macro/micro nutrients in water column will affect your plant health thus promote algae growth.

Dosing depends on your plant mass/type/age. Start low and increase gradually until you strike a good balance by having healthy plant and minimal algae.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts