The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 12 gallon Nano Cube that's giving me a bit of a headache. The plastic guard that covers the lighting ballast got loose and some water got into lighting system.

The main lights went out, but the fans and the LED's are still working. I've since replaced the light as well as the fuse, but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this problem? What should I look at first?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Open it up. Check the endcaps. Are they rusted/busted? Are all the wires intact?

Next check the ballast. Wire up some extra bulbs with good endcaps if you have them/know how. The LEDs are wired directly to the power source I believe...no ballast.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply!

I'm definitely not an expert, but I don't think there are any endcaps on the Nanocube. It's a compact flourescent, not sure if that helps.

Here's what I see, a white "box-like" thing with 110V/60Hz on it. I'm assuming that's the ballast. There are 4 wires coming out of the ballast, 2 white and 2 red. These are the wires that connect to the bulb. Does it matter which color wire goes where on the bulb? If the ballast got water in it, is that the end of the story? If so, where can I get a cheap replacement?

Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
428 Posts
If all else fails you can go to nanotuners and find a replacement. You could always give them a call and see what they think. They are very helpful and know their stuff inside and out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts