The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sister mentioned this plant in her tank, so thinking that her description was odd i asked her for a picture and, for me, it looked as odd as she had described. i know of only one plant with nearly white leaves in the aquarium world, the anubias variation, but for what looks like a lily or tiger lotus to me, to have white leaves, and not to mention the vibrant violet color on them is again.. odd. i started to think, ok.. so maybe her water chemistry is off and caused the leaves to lose their original color. or perhaps an additive like algicides could be causing the color morph. after searching for info i came up empty.

can anyone identify the plant, and is it supposed to be this color or do we have a chemistry problem here?

Attachments

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
Looks almost like a really pale dwarf aquarium lily, Nymphaea stellata. Does it have a bulb?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i thought too swampgirl, i do not have her water parameters, but if i had a guess at the problem id say there is a lack of nutrients, such as potassium, iron or magnesium. or my other guess is if she is using a product like excel or other additives could be a cause. am i wrong here? what would help bring this little guy back to life?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with using excel its awesome as an algaecide and gives the plants carbon to boot

Unless thats all she is using.
Excel isnt fertilizer
It needs flourish comprehensive at minimum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts