The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im getting a little tired of looking at this tank....:angryfire

its a 75 gal, 265W of 6700K corallife CF, Diffuser for now (reactor soon) EI religiously H2O changes consistient... PH at 7.2 GH 4-5 Kh 4-5 Nitrates 0 nitrites about.10ppm ammonia at 0

Tank is ONLY about a month and a half old...

Good growth no algae in the begining, then brown stuff started growing (diatoms) now this?

I run the lights at 130W for the first and last hour.. and leave a full burst of 260 W for about 5 to 6 hours...

I dont have a drop checker and diffuse my CO2 for now...

I can only think of my C02 as the culprit?

Too much light?

Chain sword has a dark algae on some of the leaves...

Dwarf Sag leaves are literally turning transparent...

Help...

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
That black stuff looks like the beginning of BBA to me but it's sometimes hard to tell from a pic. BBA can usually be attributed to low and/or inconsistent CO2 levels. If it were me I'd cut back on the light a bit until you get that reactor going so your CO2 demand isn't as high. From my own experience it was pretty much impossible getting CO2 distributed in my 75 using one glass diffuser.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
what kind of plants do you have. i think that both of the plants that you mentioned are root feeders. someone correct me if i'm wrong. so ei would do nothing. you need root tabs. and even after you put root tabs in it'll prob take a few weeks for your plants to even begin to rebound

·
Registered
405 Posts
Your nitrates are, based on what you say, zero. What are your phosphates? I'm thinking that you don't have enough nitrates vis-a-vis phosphates and the plant growth is suffering as a result and so the algae is capitalizing on the "excess" phosphates...Just a theory.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got that stuff on my anubias! and my bf's little sister's tank has it on her bamboo plant as well (does bamboo even belong in a tank?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts