The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to planted aquariums and I need some help.

A while ago I got 2 plants from a friend of mine, they were not doing well in his tank (he have a big Amazon sword plants covering most of the light) and he gave them to me.

The first one I got a couple of weeks ago and it was in really bad condition, it was all covered with black algae, I removed the bottom leafs and it started to get some life, a new leaf started to grow.

The 2nd one I got a couple of days ago (it looks like some kind of Anubia to me).

I checked http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/myPlants.php?do=homepage&cat=0&page=0&n=All_Plants but I couldn't recognize them. Thanks in advance and sorry for my English :icon_redf .

PS. Sorry about bad image quality

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I removed them both from the tank to make better pictures and to tie them on a driftwood (or should I leave them in the substrate).

On the first one leafs are so small, about 1 cm.

here is the 2nd

And what type is this one? It has much bigger leafs than the other two

Thanks in advance!

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Looks like Anubia barteri and they do get HUGE.
All anubias will do much better attached to driftwood or stone - try not to plant the rhizome in the substrate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like the 2nd photo is not shown, here it is again, are the 2nd and 3rd same type?

@OVT it looks like they are all named Anubia Bartery, I was more interested of the type of these 3 plants

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
1. Anubias barteri var. nana
2. Anubias barteri var. nana
3. Anubias barteri var. barteri

1 - 8 of 8 Posts