The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have 2 baby mystery snails that are about 1 month old. They both have these strange spiky growths that are attached to or growing from the soft tissue above their heads. I made a 26 sec. youtube video, in efforts to find help but nothing thus far. Oddly, these growths (which are not normal) appear normal and perfectly spaced making an even number of 8 total. Here is a link for that video
~~> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNuLsmFw-PI

I tried to manually remove the growths, parasites, whatever? but the snails go deep into their shells closing their trap door as if it is painful, and the "cousin it" spiky growths dissapear with them. I have been around MS a good portion of my life. Their mom and dad belong to my dad. I got a clutch before he could flush it :smile2:I broke the clutch because I only wanted a few in a 10 Gal. Only 2 survived. They both have this problem.

!0 Gallon, 2 Guppies, 2 Otos, 2 Mystery Snails Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20, Ph 6.8 - 7.0 They have now been moved to the hospital tank, but I still need to know what the snail this is, so I can treat it.

Thanks for any help anyone can afford me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.